Dr. James Emory White listed these facts about homeschool in his blog post “Why Homeschool?”
Kids do better academically when homeschooled.
Here are the facts. And I do mean facts:
- Homeschooled children significantly outperform children educated in public school systems in reading, language, math, science and social studies.
- Homeschooled children’s tests scores were not significantly affected by their parents’ household incomes or whether their parents were certified teachers.
- Homeschooled children perform better overall in college — from their freshman years to their senior years.
And want one more fact that may surprise you?
- Homeschooled children do not lag behind public school children overall in communication and socialization skills.
Dr. White goes on to say, “I cannot say this strongly enough. I hope and pray and that every parent will consider homeschooling their child at least through the most pivotal years, which to my thinking, is late elementary and middle school years.” I encourage you to read the rest of this informative post.
According to A-Z Home’s Cool, an estimated 1,567,732 were homeschooled in the U.S. in 2013-2014. Numbers have taken a sharp increase since 2013.
If you are homeschooling–or considering it–please visit my homeschooling pages. I’ve recently done an update so I believe you’ll find all the information to be current. I’m sure I’ve overlooked many terrific homeschool sites. Please email me at karen@FindChristianLinks.com if you have any suggestions. Meanwhile, you’ll find links to lots of homeschooling help here:
- Consider Homeschooling
- Homeschooling Curriculum
- Homeschool Resources
- Homeschooling Blogs and Forums
- Distance Learning for Homeschoolers