by Guest Blogger Maria Nagel
Have you ever wondered what is written in God’s book about you? If you’ve answered yes, the following is for you. I gave my life to Christ seven years ago and would consider myself a devout Christian. However, when the Covid-19 crisis hit worldwide, I asked myself three crucial questions:
- What does it mean to be a follower of Jesus Christ?
- What exactly does God expect of me in this end time?
- How can I fulfil what I was created for?
The answers came gradually through additional questions and facts.
- Jesus speaks to his sheep ===> Whose voice is dictating my actions and influencing my life? Is it the voice of my spouse, my friends, my ego, the enemy . . . or the voice of my Shepherd, Jesus Christ?
- Jesus is the light of the world and instructs us to be lights as well ===> How’s my light? Is it dim, off, or shining bright?
- We were all given talents ====> What are my talents? Am I using them in a way that pleases God?
- Jesus overcame the world ===> Am I an overcomer when facing problems, trials, and temptations?
- Sin separates me from God ===> Is my garment still spotless and clean? Do I truly know and do what pleases and displeases God?
- Before praying I am supposed to settle all disputes ===> Could it be that my prayers are not reaching God when I have unforgiveness, bitterness, resentment, or other sins in my life?
- Being a follower of Jesus Christ means being a soul winner ===> How am I contributing in spreading the Gospel?
- The Holy Spirit is on earth. The Father appointed him to be my helper, comforter and teacher ===> How well do I know him? Do my thoughts, words, and actions draw him close to me or chase him away?
- The Bible is the living word of God. It’s a super food. In these dark times I must not be only physically but also spiritually strong ===> Is my soul man being fed or starving?
- The blood of Jesus is powerful ===> Do I invoke and apply it?
- Jesus fasted and prayed ===> Do I follow his example? It’s time to extend my prayer list and also fast and pray for the needy, lost, depressed, sick, suicidal, and those who hurt me.
- They shall know us by our love ====> As a Christian I am called to be a reflection of God who is love. I must learn to love my neighbour as myself. May all my actions be rooted in selfless love.
This train of thought birthed in me the decision to make the children’s books I’ve written and illustrated available as free downloads in over 15 languages.
Beloved, God needs you. The harvest is ripe and this dark world needs one more light: yours. Turn on your light. Rekindle your godly fire and fulfil what God has written in his heavenly book about you for this time. Cooperate with the Father on his terms. Time is short.
Maria T. Nagel is a wife, mother, inventor, author, and Illustrator. She is originally from Cameroon and currently lives with her family in Vienna, Austria. Maria went on mission by herself to the Philippines, China, and the Bahamas to share the gospel. Her eBooks for children are available free of charge in over 15 languages on her website.